As the eldest of five children from a single-parent household, a burned-out and under-equipped leader from the hierarchical field of behavioral healthcare, and an “over-doer” and "under-being” senior consultant in a global consulting firm—I have personally experienced a debris-filled path at the self, home, team, and organizational levels.
I carved out time. I was honest with myself. I surrounded myself with people who were willing to dig deep and ask me the hard questions. I allowed myself to be and then do.
I questioned, “Where are you are today, and where you want to be in the future?” My landscape of personal and professional leadership was changing. I knew I wasn’t the only one experiencing this. Sustainability required a pivot. It’s that journey that ignited my passion for leadership development and coaching.
jh coaching & consulting was born.
In 2016, I chose to jump in and provide practical value while leading from a path of integrity, intention, agility, and growth.
Leadership is ever-changing, and the one-size-fits-all approach to leadership does not work. I dig deep to identify your specific needs, provide support, and challenge you. As a result, you flourish, and the change positively ripples out into all areas of life – family, friends, teams, and organizations.
I have equipped and empowered thousands of leaders to have a clear path and lead from the inside out. It’s an honor to be your guide.
my core values
Honesty is the path to possibility.
Awareness and fulfillment flourish with purpose.
Life requires you to embrace flexibility.
Stagnation is not an option.
what makes me different?
- 2,500+ clients across a variety of industries: Approximately 50% are executive leaders
- Adherence to a code of ethics
- Research-based coaching model: Intentional Change Model
- Board Certified Coach: Center for Credentialing and Education, Inc.
- Professional Certified Coach: International Coaching Federation
- Healthcare Coaching Certificate: Healthcare Coaching Institute
- Healthcare Coaching Institute: Virginia Tech
- Meditation & Mindfulness Teacher: School of Positive Transformation
- Coaching Certificate: College of Executive Coaching
- Professional Clinical Counselor-Supervisor: State of Ohio
- M.A. in Counseling & Human Development: Walsh University
- B.S. in Human Development and Family Science: The Ohio State University
Whether you have a question or want to collaborate, please use the form to contact me.